Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Chili

I saw this recipe on Good Morning America the other day and knew it would be something yummy I would like so I went to their website got the recipe.I did alter some things to my liking.You can't go wrong with chicken/mexican food anything in my opinion.


Here is a list of the things you will need to make this great dish:





1 1/2 cups prepared enchilada sauce
2(14.5 ounce) cans tomatoes with seasoning
2(15 ounce) cans pinto or kidney beans with juice
2 celery stalks: chopped small
1 onion diced small
2 teaspoons chili power
1 teaspoon cumin
1 1/2 pounds chicken   (I used 4 medium sized frozen chicken breasts)
cheese
sour cream

Use a 6 quart slow cooker.Pour enchilada sauce and tomatoes in the bottom of the crock pot.
Stir in the veggies and all the spices and then add the beans.Last add the chicken on top.  
Turn crock pot on high for 7-8 hrs.





                                                                                                                                                                    Stir only if you want to it will cook without you touching it.Serve it over rice and top with cheese and sour cream.
It was a big hit here at this house and I can tell you even tasted better the next day! Enjoy and leave me some comments on what you think.

2 comments: